The Online POP-Practitioner’s Course is available whenever and wherever you are.
- Whether you’re at your desk, at home, or on-the-go—for the duration of your subscription—the Online Program is there for you. You’ll complete the Online Program in about six contact hours. During your subscription period, you can view any of the course materials as frequently as you like.
In the Online Course, you’ll focus on refining practical, success-enhancing skills for planning, plans & effort execution.
You’ll cover the basics (there are no prerequisites). You’ll enhance systems-thinking skills. You’ll learn how to use the easy-to-use Plan On a Page System to help launch great, successful efforts…while reducing your stress, and the stress of all affected parties.
You’ll learn why success (or failure) is set in every effort’s Critical First 1%…and how you can create an “Initial Path” that results in success. Throughout the course, you’ll learn more-and-more about how to…
Get Going. Get Done. Get Results.
POP-University Online Practitioner’s Course Contents
- Course Approach
- Adapt to Your Environment
- Something Changed: We’re All PMs
- Bounded Rationality
- A New Way of Thinking About Planning, Plans & Effort Execution
- How to Design Success Into Efforts
- Criticality of Social Processes
- Criticality of First 1% and Initial Path
- Criticality of Professional Skepticism
- Criticality of Implications
- Avoiding Preventable Problems
- Planning System Dynamics
- Big Picture & Details
- Why One Page?
- Overview of POP System
- Simple Tools and Role of Tools
Module Two: Precision Language
- Basic Terms for Planning, Plans & Execution
- Terms Unique to the POP-Approach
Module Three: Context
- The Six Essential Responsibilities
- Activating Any Effort
- Iterative Approach
- Economic Stakeowner
- Concept of the Effort
- Economic Rationale
- Single Effort Driver
- Decision Guidance Policy
- Decision Boards
- Embrace or Resist?
- Cultural & Political Map
- Objective & Experiential Map
- Candidate Constraints
- Initial ROI Assessment
- Context Case Study
Module Four: META-Data
- Importance of Identifiers & Version Control
Module Five: Why?
- Review Critical First 1% & Initial Path
- Business Goal
Module Six: What?
- Criticality of Expectations & Scope
- Hidden Key to Scope Definition
- Success Measures
Module Seven: How?
- Minimum of Two Approaches that Separate Effort and Outcomes
- Critical Skills & Resources
- Initial Risk List
- ROM Estimates
Module Nine: Who?
- Customer Roles
- Supplier Roles
- Support Roles
- Other Participants
- Considerations for Change Readiness
Module Ten: Publishing & Distributing
- Reviews: Comments & Distribution
- Publishing & Dissemination
- Concluding the POP-Cycle
Module Eleven: Making POP Your Own
- Adaptation Commentary
- Applying to a Current Effort?
- Contacting the Author
Module Twelve: Review RED FLAGS
- Review & Discuss POP’s RED FLAGS