The On-Premises and/or Hybrid POP-Practitioner’s Courses are available wherever you are. The Online Training Program is available whenever you are.
When its best to train a group at your facility, you and your colleagues can select from three, economical On-Premises course options:
- Short Course (~6-7 contact hours in 1 day),
- Practitioner’s Course (~12-14 contact hours in ~1.75 days), or
- Practitioner’s Course with Applied Workshop (~18-20 contact hours in ~2.50 days).
Providing quality Professional Development to a large, geographically distributed group can be a challenge. To meet this need, POP-University Hybrid Courses deliver a combination of the Online Program and Live Webinars…to assure delivery of maximum, customized results to your team…wherever they’re located.
Whether your POP-University Training Program is On-Premises, Hybrid (or Online), you—and your colleagues—will focus on gaining and enhancing practical, success-enhancing skills for planning, plans & effort execution.
You’ll cover the basics (there are no prerequisites—nor are there Ivory Towers). You’ll enhance systems-thinking skills…with special emphasis on increasing your understanding and purposeful use of the critical cause-effect-cause cycle. You’ll learn how to use the easy-to-use Plan On a Page System to help launch great, successful efforts…while reducing your stress, and the stress of all affected parties.
You’ll learn why success (or failure) is set in every effort’s Critical First 1%…and how you can create an “Initial Path” that results in success. Throughout the course, you’ll learn more-and-more about how to…
Get Going. Get Done. Get Results.
Request your customized On-Premises and/or Hybrid Training Program Proposal today…
POP-University On-Premises and Hybrid Practitioner’s Course Contents—Baseline
(All Programs are Customized to Assure You Obtain Maximum ROI)
- Course Approach
- Adapt to Your Environment
- Something Changed: We’re All PMs
- Bounded Rationality
- A New Way of Thinking About Planning, Plans & Effort Execution
- How to Design Success Into Efforts
- Criticality of Social Processes
- Criticality of First 1% and Initial Path
- Criticality of Professional Skepticism
- Criticality of Implications
- Avoiding Preventable Problems
- Planning System Dynamics
- Big Picture & Details
- Why One Page?
- Overview of POP System
- Simple Tools and Role of Tools
Module Two: Precision Language
- Basic Terms for Planning, Plans & Execution
- Terms Unique to the POP-Approach
Module Three: Context
- The Six Essential Responsibilities
- Activating Any Effort
- Iterative Approach
- Economic Stakeowner
- Concept of the Effort
- Economic Rationale
- Single Effort Driver
- Decision Guidance Policy
- Decision Boards
- Embrace or Resist?
- Cultural & Political Map
- Objective & Experiential Map
- Candidate Constraints
- Initial ROI Assessment
- Context Case Study
- Importance of Identifiers & Version Control
Module Five: Why?
- Review Critical First 1% & Initial Path
- Business Goal
Module Six: What?
- Criticality of Expectations & Scope
- Hidden Key to Scope Definition
- Success Measures
Module Seven: How?
- Minimum of Two Approaches that Separate Effort and Outcomes
- Critical Skills & Resources
- Initial Risk List
Module Eight: When?
- ROM Estimates
Module Nine: Who?
- Customer Roles
- Supplier Roles
- Support Roles
- Other Participants
- Considerations for Change Readiness
- Reviews: Comments & Distribution
- Publishing & Dissemination
- Concluding the POP-Cycle
Module Eleven: Making POP Your Own
- Adaptation Commentary
- Applying to a Current Effort?
- Contacting the Author
Module Twelve: Review RED FLAGS
- Review & Discuss POP’s RED FLAGS
On-Premises Applied Workshop
Module Thirteen: Workshop Prep
- Review Workshop Approach
- Preparation Assignment
Module Fourteen: Applied Workshop
- Applied Workshop